Ladies, you know how annoying it is to get makeup in your eye. But it’s even worse when you wear contact lenses, because makeup can stick to your lenses. Here are a few tips for keeping your eyes looking and feeling good.
1. Put your contact lenses in before applying makeup. Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching your contacts so you won't transfer any oils, creams, or lotions to the lenses.
2. Use only hypoallergenic makeup. Almay and Clinique have eye-friendly products, but check out other brands too.
3. Cream eye shadow is less likely to get in your eye than powder, but creams can irritate your eyes more. Choose water-based creams.
4. If you prefer powder, keep your eyes closed during application. Then brush off any excess powder before opening your eyes.
5. Never apply eyeliner between your lashes and your eye—only to the portion of your lashes that is well away from your eye.
6. To remove eye makeup, wash and dry your hands. Then remove your contacts, being careful not to brush them into your makeup. Finally, use eye makeup remover.
7. Buy new makeup frequently—at least every three months. Don't use old eye makeup, because over time bacteria will get into the product and then into your eyes, where it can cause an infection. One way to tell if your makeup is too old is if it has a strange smell. Also, don't share your eye makeup with others.
You can also use contact lenses to enhance your makeup efforts. Check out our colored contacts to see how you can customize your look!