Green eyes are exceedingly rare in the human race, as only two percent of the population carries a gene for green eyes. This makes them exceptionally captivating and an asset that should not be wasted when selecting your cosmetics. Consider the following tips when compiling your palette of hues.
1) Turn to purple. Lilacs and plums will frame your peepers in contrasting hues to make your gaze especially attention-grabbing. While there are many different tints for you to choose from, favor those with slightly reddish undertones to further play up the disparity and bring out the warmth of your eyes.
2) Brown. Warm brown shadows, liners and mascaras will bring out the friendliness and fire of your eyes. What’s more, this hue has the unique ability to blend with almost every color to create a lovely smoky eye for daytime. Black liners may look overly harsh, so consider switching to a dark brown for a look that is dramatic but not severe.
3) Gold and copper. Your greens have warm underlays of yellow that will truly sparkle when brought out by metallic gold. Unlike silver, which may mute your irises, gold will make your eyes’ coloring appear textured.
4) Red and pink. Whether you’re going for subtle pink or shimmery rouge, variations of red will make your eyes truly stand out. Not only does this pigment sit directly across the color wheel from green for the ultimate contrast, but it also makes those traces of gold truly jump out for an electric look. To avoid looking like a Christmas decoration, blend any true reds with browns, purples or bronzes.
5) Silver and gray. This tip is not for everyone, as it has the ability to make your natural color appear duller. This is best reserved for those whose irises have cooler tints and tend to lean more towards blue, as it will make the icier twinkle stand out.
One final note: Err on the site of caution. Your green eyes will naturally make this part of the face be a showstopper, so adding too many bells and whistles will come across as excessive and detract from your natural beauty. Sometimes there’s nothing better than a light peach shadow paired with a mascara that will open up your peepers.
Of course, with so little of the population having naturally green eyes, many of you may be lusting after this particular iris color. Luckily, there are plenty of colored contacts available to you, like those made by Freshlook or Air Optix Colors. Remember, never obtain colored lenses without a prescription from a doctor, as this can lead to dangerous side-effects for your appearance and health.