New year, new you, new eye makeover opportunities! It’s not too late to squeeze a few simple and stylish resolutions in. There’s almost nothing more motivating than January 1, when the new year stretches out in front of you ready for adventure and change. You’ve likely listed off a million different potential resolutions—join a gym, save money, get better about cleaning out your contact lens case, finally get that hair cut you’ve been dreaming of (you’ll totally rock a pixie!). Well, maybe you’re not ready for something as drastic as lobbing off all your locks, (we’re not either…) but you’d like to switch up your look for something fresh in 2015. Have you considered your eyes?
Whether it’s with a fresh pair of color contacts, like Freshlook ColorBlends or Air Optix Colors, or some head-turning makeup, a little change to your eyes can reshape your entire look. So much has been said about the importance of eyes, the “windows to the soul.” And who hasn’t found themselves lost in a dreamy pair of them, specifically David Beckham’s framed by glasses? But do you give yours enough attention? When was the last time they received their own special makeover? Eyes are often the first thing people will notice about you, so why not have some fun with them? Here, five easy eye makeovers to switch up your look and create a chic, new style.
1. Trade-in your glasses—How long have those been sitting atop your nose? Consider trading them in for a new pair, or better yet, no pair! Contacts are a breeze to use, and after a few days it’ll feel so routine, you’ll hardly notice the extra little step in the morning. Talk to your doctor about daily disposable contact lenses and extended wear styles to find which option best suits your lifestyle. Without glasses to block part of your face, your eyes will be wide open for all to admire, and also give your entire face a new look.
2. Check out color contacts—Your eyes are already gorgeous, agreed? But have you ever wondered what you’d look like with green eyes instead of brown? Or blue? Better yet, how about lilac? Color contacts, like FreshLook Colors, are an amazingly simple way to give your look a mini makeover without doing anything permanent.
3. Get funky with some shape-changing contacts—All the rage in Asia, circle lenses make your eyes look much bigger, kind of like a doll or anime character. Unlike regular contacts, they cover more than just your iris, as they extend to cover part of the white, too. Available in regular eye colors, they’re also available in fun hues, like pink and violet. While this may not be a classic everyday look, it will definitely be a weekend party hit!
4. Makeup—Maybe you love your glasses or contacts, but still want to try something new. Makeup is the perfect way to get a new look with little to no cost, effort or commitment. Better yet, you can literally switch it up every single day. Maybe this is your year to master a thick, black cat eye or a gold glittered smoky eye. Don’t be afraid to experiment with color either! Find the best eye shadow to make your brown eyes pop or try some colored mascara. Electric blue eyeliner can make eyes sizzle, while reds can add a romantic, mysterious vibe to your look.
5. Get those eyebrows in order—Men, this includes you, too! There’s nothing wrong with a little eyebrow grooming. For best results, seek out a professional who can wax your brows into shape in a matter of minutes. Make sure to be clear with your desired look. For instance, maybe you prefer a thicker, natural look but just want the strays cleaned up. On the other hand, maybe you’re ready for a sleek, trim look. A true professional can handle either situation, just be sure to speak up. Of course, this requires maintenance, but you’ll love the change your face takes on when those caterpillars are whipped into shape!